Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Ouch!!!!!!!

Last Saturday was an eventful day at our house. Kyle had an early morning baseball game as part of the playoffs tournament. Dave got up early and took him to practice and then headed out to meet friends for a round of golf. I stayed home with the girls so they could sleep in a little longer and then we were planning on going to Kyle's 8:00 am game. We got up and ready for the day and all was good. I packed the diaper bag, ran it out to the van and then came in to get Ava and Alli. Allicia ran downstairs to get one last minute thing and I slipped on my flip flops, with Ava in my arms and stepped into the garage! That is when it happened! All it took was 1 simple step and I felt my leg just go. Before I knew it Ava and I were on the ground and I was in EXTREME pain! All I could do was scream. Ava was crying and I was screaming. Allicia came running to see what was wrong...I told her she had to call the ambulance. She was such a big girl and stayed calm. She called 911 and did everything she was supposed to. The neighbors eventually heard me screaming and came to help as well. Ava ended up only having a bruise on her face, but I dislocated my ankle and broke my leg in 3 places. I ended up having surgery, placing 2 metal plates and many screws in my leg. It has been beyond painful and for the next 12 weeks I will be off work and recovering! It is funny how one simple step can change our life so fast.
Ava's Boo Boo!

Mommy's Boo Boo!

No comments: