Wednesday, March 18, 2009

One Year Ago Today - Part 4

Well...I'm posting a little late on this one. Yesterday was a rough day with Ava. I started to write the post but never got around to finishing it until today because last night we were too busy celebrating. We had an amazing lobster and steak meal at home with the kids and Dave's parents. Anyway, here is the post I started yesterday and finished tonight.

One year ago today was another beautiful day in paradise. It was also the day Dave and I were married. We started our day by getting pampered at the spa. Both Dave and I had a massage and a body scrub. It was a perfect way to start our day. After our spa appt Dave went back to the resort and hung around with the wedding party, my friend Julie and her husband, along with the rest of our family and friends. While he was hanging out at the resort, Carolyn and I spent the rest of the time getting my hair, makeup, and nails done. After we were done we headed back to the resort and met the girls in our room to finish getting ready and put on my dress. It wasn't long before it was time for the wedding party to head to the wedding terrace. My Dad and I waited for the wedding coordinator to come and get us in our room. It felt like forever, but eventually she arrived along with the photographer and videographer. They took some pictures and videos of me walking to the wedding terrace. Once we arrived it was just a few minutes longer until the ceremony began. It was a beautiful ceremony out on a terrace overlooking the ocean. It was a windy day but the breeze felt nice. Before long we were saying our vows and I became Mrs. David John Freese. After the ceremony we had some champagne and took lots of pictures. Once we were done taking pictures we had a nice meal in the Italian restaurant at the resort. It was a great meal....we even shared our wedding cake with everyone in the restaurant. After dinner everyone hung out in the lounge where they had a band....It was perfect because were even able to do some dancing. Before we knew it the night was over and we were all headed off to bed. The next morning was going to come way to fast...unfortunately most of the group had to fly out to go home.


Our Wedding Dance from Theresa Freese on Vimeo.

No comments: