Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Back to work!

Well yesterday was my first day back at work and Ava's first day with out her mommy (most importantly without her mommy's boobs...sorry I had to write it)! Anyway, it was a big (long) day for both of us, but even harder for Dave's Dad John. Ava spent most of the morning quite upset and inconsolable. When I checked on him mid morning the sounds on the other end of the phone were not good. I felt so bad and gave him a few suggestions....I told him I would call again in a few minutes to see if any of them had worked. When I called him back, things had improved because she had finally cried herself to sleep. Apparently she slept for quite awhile after that and at one point he packed her in car seat to take her to their house to let out the dogs. Once they arrived back at our house, she was still sleeping so well that instead of trying to take her in the house and risk waking this unhappy baby up, he would rather sit in the car with her until she woke up on her own. So the rest of the afternoon, John and Ava sat in the van in our garage...her sleeping and him reading a book. Things you do in desperation! I thought this was too funny! Anyhow...so far I think today is going much better.

BTW....Below are some pictures I posted on the My Charming Kids blog (the one of Ava on Stellan's name gallery and the one of me with a co-worker on the wear orange for Stellan)....today is a big day for Baby Stellan. My heart and prayers go out to him, his family, and the doctors that will be working on him today! God Bless! (sorry Ava's is sideways...it's not like that on my computer and I can't get it to cooperate with me. GRRR)












No comments: