Thursday, November 20, 2008

We Miss You Joni!

Today was family day at Fort Jackson, the Army base where my sister Joni has been for the last 12 weeks. Tomorrow she graduates from Boot Camp or Basic Training. I SO wish I could have traveled down to see her, but it just didn't work out. Fortunately my Mom, Dad, and other two sister's were able to make it. Yeah, it stinks....I am the only one who couldn't go. Needless to say, I have been thinking about them a lot today and will again tomorrow. We are SO very proud of Joni and know she will make a great soldier! Following graduation tomorrow, my Dad will transport Joni to an Army base in Missouri where she will continue her training to be a prison guard. We have been told it is a very intense program and very difficult. She will be home for the first time around Christmas....we can't wait to see her. Way to go Joni! We miss you a lot!!!


No comments: