Monday, December 15, 2008

Summary...since the last time I posted!

So, its been a while since I posted. I've been meaning to post, but just didn't get around to doing it like I had hoped. So I'll update all of you on what we have been up to for the past week or so.

Allicia has been a busy girl. On top of her usual 2 nights a week of dance, last week she attended a Big Sister class to get her ready for our arrival of Ava. She was able to see where mom would be and what will happen when we go in to have her. She also learned how to swaddle a baby and how to change a diaper. She had a lot of fun and is certainly ready to be a big sister. She also went to the Nutcracker Ballet for a class trip at school. This was a fun day...she dressed up in a new dress and we curled her hair all pretty. She looked absolutely beautiful. Then she ended her week with a birthday sleep over on Saturday. She had lots of fun, they went to The House of Bounce and stayed up till 1:30, doing who knows what.

Kyle was busy with wrestling practice, homework, practicing his french horn (which BTW...I never have to hound him about. He is seriously such a good kid), and staying up to date with the latest sports news. Man that boy cannot get enough of Sports Center and any online sports sites. He was extremely pumped that the Vikings won yesterday and now thinks more than ever that the Vikes have a chance to go to the Super Bowl. I guess we will see.

Other than that, last Thursday night was busy. I decided last minute to have the kids pictures taken for our family Christmas card. There is a new portrait studio in Rochester I decided to try, Portrait Innovations, definitely worth checking out. But after I made the appt I realized that Kyle's hair was looking quite long. So, Thursday evening Dave and the kids picked me up from work, all dressed in the outfits I bought them....seriously the night before. We ran Kyle to The Men's Barber Shop to quickly have his haircut. I had packed my hair straightener in my purse so I could fix Allicia's hair while we were waiting for him to get his hair cut (nothing like time management). Then we rushed over to the portrait studio to get their pictures taken. Believe it or not, we were 15 minutes early! Amazing huh!?!? So, expect a Christmas card from us fairly soon. Nothing like being last minute, I know!

And believe it or not after all of that, Dave and I were even able to fit in some time doing things we enjoy as well. Dave played poker on Thursday night at the neighbors..after the kids picture appt (as if we could fit one more thing into that evening). This is a weekly event for Dave and usually fits into our schedule well, because by the time he leaves we've already had supper, cleanup up the kitchen, finished homework, and we're just about ready to head off to bed. We barely even notice he's not there. J/K...no Hun, that does not mean it is ok do this more often. :) Then, Friday we had a birthday party for his friend Gene...and had a great time playing cards and laughing. Finally, on Saturday I spent the morning baking cake balls and truffles with Julie. So see, even Dave and I had some time for fun!

So another busy week ahead....we certainly keep our schedule packed full of activities. This week will consist of Christmas parties, c-section class for Dave and I, my sister Joni coming home, knee surgery for Dad, and maybe even trip to the cities or the Christmas Market in downtown Rochester. I guess we will see what we end up having time for. Look for updates later this week!

No comments: