Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Very Odd Cravings

Ok, so I have been meaning to post about this for a while, but just hadn't gotten around to it. As all of you know, pregnant women often have strange or unusual cravings. Well, I may be on the top of the list of women with very unusual cravings. I'm not sure if any of you know or remember, I had one very odd craving when I was pregnant with Allicia. Well with this pregnancy I really didn't have cravings until just recently, but I have to admit, my very odd craving has come back. You may be curious by now to know what this craving is...well brace yourself, because it is an odd one. Are you ready??? Ok...the craving I have is dryer sheets. Yes, you heard me correctly...dryer sheets! When I was pregnant with Allicia, it was really bad. I will even admit to you that I would carry them in my bra strap or shirt pocket if I had one. I
absolutely LOVED them...the smell would just make my mouth water. Yes....I did just say that.

Anyway, recently I realized my odd craving has returned. Until not so long ago, I was using un-scented dryer sheets because Allicia has sensitive skin. I hadn't been exposed to them because we were seeing if un-scented dryer sheets and detergent helped her. When we recently ran out of dryer sheets and detergent I went to the grocery store, but they were out of the brands I had been using. Since I didn't want to make an extra trip to another store I just picked up what they had. The smell immediately consumed me. I didn't think much of it, because I have always liked the clean smell, but I should have realized what was happening. Anyway...I bought the dryer sheets and detergent home thinking we would use these and see how Allicia's skin reacts. Well, after putting the groceries and the dryer sheets away, I immediately found myself thinking about that smell and wanting to do laundry. A HUGE red flag went up, because I don't EVER want to do laundry. Now, whenever I go into my basement, I can smell the dryer sheets in our laundry room (even if the door is shut) and yes, my mouth begins to water just as it did when I was pregnant with Allicia. I have yet to wear them around like I did when I was pregnant with her, but I have to admit I want to. And although I hadn't let myself get to that level...I will admit, only to those reading this post, that I have taken the dryer sheet and rubbed them on the inside of my shirt, so I can smell it throughout the day. SHHHHH....it is our little secret! ;) So, now that you're thinking I'm really odd, I will end my post with the list of cravings I have had with each of my pregnancies.

Kyle - Kraft Macaroni and Cheese Spirals (not the regular ones only the spirals), really big pickles (that I would get at the concession stand at wrestling tournaments), and the idea of Tuna Hotdish (as soon as it was made and in front of me....it just wasn't that great, but I always thought I wanted it).

Allicia - One the top of the list....dryer sheets (specifically Snuggle brand), Corn (which I hated and would not eat as a child, but now love), the skin off of fryed chicken (especially from the Adams Chicken Fry), and Kraft Macaroni and Cheese (again specifically spirals).

Ava- Ice chips (Dave gets annoyed with me crunching ice all the time...and I love the small pellet ice from the cafeteria at work), really cold water, Country Crock Macaroni and Cheese in the microwaveable tub (although Kraft Macaroni and Cheese Spirals would work too), and last but not least....dryer sheets!

1 comment:

Crystal said...

omg i thought i was the only one lol i'm 32 weeks and i crave the smell of snuggle dryer sheets too haha i even put them inside my pillow case so i can smell it as im going to sleep :P