Saturday, May 9, 2009

Allicia's Golden Birthday!

I really can't believe my little Allicia is already 8. It's just unreal how fast time goes. I know I have said it so many times...but my kids are just growing up way too fast.

Allicia started her birthday by seeing herself on TV twice and also hearing her name on the radio. Her brother submitted her name to the local news channel and so did her Grandma Dixie and Dave called her name into the local radio station. She was really surprised and thought it was very cool.

Since this year was Allicia's "Golden Birthday" we let her have an extra special birthday party. We rented a room at the local Ramada in, which has a really nice pool area, and we let her have 6 girls over for a sleep over. It was a really fun birthday party. All of the girls were extremely good. I have to say it was perfect type of party for a bunch of 7 and 8 year old girls. They stayed busy the entire time swimming (6 hours to be exact). Needless to say they were exhausted by the time we took showers and cleaned up for bed. And the best part was there wasn't even 1 catty girl fight! Amazing huh?!?!? It was so good I may even let her have a party like that again. Anyway...here are a few pictures from the party. Happy 8th Birthday Allicia!


No comments: