Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Not yet!

Well, I'm almost 38 weeks along and feeling it. I had my appt today and was hoping to talk my doctor into scheduling my c-section sooner than the 26th. Last Friday night I started having contractions, which are about 10 minutes apart. Some are really intense...others are just annoying and uncomfortable. I was hoping to find out today that things had progressed so we could move up my c-section ASAP! Wishful thinking I know.....and unfortunately, that did not happen. I guess I'm really not that surprised....I'm not that lucky! Anyway, my doctor said things are definitely moving along, but not as much as I was hoping. Unless, my contractions start coming at a consistent intensity, which they are not, it is likely I will be putting up with this discomfort for the next 12 days! That seems like eternity right now giving the way my body feels. I guess it could be worse. I could have to wait until I was 42+ weeks and then have to be induced like I did with Kyle. And it could be extremely hot outside like it was then....instead of being extremely cold outside. Anyway...I guess I can handle it. I know no matter what.....Jan 26th at 7:00 AM we will be headed to the hospital to have little Miss Ava! The end is near!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Oh honey...I'm sad we can't meet her sooner for your body's sake!! I can't imagine how you must be feeling. I love you!